Under Kore's Helmet

Discuss the comic here!
Thunt
Draws Goblins

Under Kore's Helmet

Post by Thunt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:33 am

You know how comics and shows, etc will sometimes make it look like you're going to see something secret or revealing and then they pull some sort of bait and switch? I hate that. >:? That isn't what's happening with Forgath pulling off Kore's helmet. Next page... we see Kore.

Some of you might remember how, just before the hiatus, I tweeted about how much I loved the upcoming three pages. Well, the Sept. 17th page is 1/3. 'Under Kore's Helmet' is 2/3.

GetsDumpedOften
Remains Silent

Re: Under Kore's Helmet

Post by GetsDumpedOften » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:59 am

Under the helmet... a perfectly normal looking dwarf.

EDIT: fast edit just to say how glad I am that you are back. I've seen my share of mental issues this year -depression- and I know how bad those are and how hard it is to overcome, so I salute and congratulate you, Thunt. (now the edit is bigger than the post. Hm.)

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:27 am

Wait. There's a third page?

Damn. Goodbye, Forgath.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:09 am

Welcome back THunt!

Well, all wishful thinking aside, we've known almost from the start what was going to happen to Forgath. Young-And-Beautiful didn't exactly stutter during her showdown with Forgath. And then there's the Wall....
Nope, the only thing we didn't know about Forgath's fate is the timing. I have to think that Herbert must have had a discussion with the girl playing Forgath ahead of time to carry this off. I can't think of a player who would willingly go into a game knowing that the DM is gunning for them right from the start, not just for the sake of role-playing. Perhaps bargains have been struck?

MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly

Post by MakesNoSense » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 am

I still think Forgath's "death" could be the transfer of a "curse of Kore". If such a curse were to exist, then whoever is "Kore" right now, was someone else before and that person has been considered "dead". Imma go with that, that and Chief is coming back.

I wish.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 am

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 am

Maybe Forgath will do a Gandalf? Forgath the White anyone? ;)

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 am

Forgath the Gunmetal Grey.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:14 am

He's the Oogie Boogie man!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:17 am

I am definitely gearing up for a swift boot to the feelies.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

notimportant
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: not_important

Post by notimportant » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Under the helmet... is another helmet! I guess not. And the "Nope!" ski mask from OOTS is probably also out. So the only possibilities that conform with standard reveals are woman, robot or Forgath's father.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Or Targoth Bladebeard.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 pm

You know, looking back in the archives, when Kore took off his helmet to deal with the rope, I could almost swear there was another little eye above his eye visible through his vision slit.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/01182011-2/

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:52 pm

That was brought up at the time. There is an unidentifiable patch of white, but it could be a stitch or just sweatshine.

NGMZero
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by NGMZero » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 am

My cut and paste Theory
► Show Spoiler

Chasm
Newcomer Adventuring Party - Teller

Post by Chasm » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 am

NGMZero wrote:My cut and paste Theory
► Show Spoiler
I was drinking and you made me spit everything from laughing, I hate you so much :(

Knows little
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Knows little » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:38 am

i wonder if still have those extra set of eyes from the last time we caught glimpse of his extra set eyes...
and i am glad your back just remember thunt take it slow, calm and trample on the haters

Ciaran
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Ciaran Barnes

Post by Ciaran » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 am

I always figured Kore and Forgath were the same dwarf.

Hellborn_Blight
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hellborn_Blight » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:28 am

Glad you are back, and everything that that means for you. I don't social media at all so no had no other way to say it except here. Have any plans to give a heads up on the third panel or is it better kept a secret?
"...she, or someone like her, will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, Mister Worf - that is the price we have to continually pay." - Captain Picard of the USS Enterprise

armatil
Remains Silent

Post by armatil » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:51 am

this makes it worth a seven-month wait.

actually more goblins is worth any kind of wait.

blimey, i'm glad you're back.

... now let's see the face of evil. or, whatever kore scores on the alignment spectrum.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 am

It's going to be nothing but beard. Kore is a giant Beard, brought to life by arcane spells. They will defeat him with Nair┬®.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 am

EatsAPeach wrote:It's going to be nothing but beard. Kore is a giant Beard, brought to life by arcane spells. They will defeat him with Nair┬®.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Are you trying to bring down the Dwarven Gods of Rage? :lol:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Slowe07
Remains Silent

Post by Slowe07 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 am

Glad you're back to posting, been a long wait, but just from the first page it was worth it......There is a hypothesis that if you saw yourself, you wouldn't actually recognize yourself as the face you see in mirrors and reflections is affected by your own self perception.....just random input regarding the possibility of Kore being Forgath, I know it has no bearing in the story.

Hellborn_Blight
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hellborn_Blight » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 am

EatsAPeach wrote:It's going to be nothing but beard. Kore is a giant Beard, brought to life by arcane spells. They will defeat him with Nair┬®.
Lolz. A beard Golem. That completely sounds like something a dwarf would make. Could also explain his alignment, as a beards are probably not held to the same standards morality wise.
"...she, or someone like her, will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, Mister Worf - that is the price we have to continually pay." - Captain Picard of the USS Enterprise

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 am

I can see it now: none of the dwarves survived, but their beards were activated by a curse and formed into one huge cursed clump of beard, which wriggled into a suit of armor and became Kore.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963