A Vote for Goblins!

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: A Vote for Goblins!

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:33 am

Worst. Loose clothing. Ever. It reminds me of the time I forgot to leave a roll of pennies in the car, so they were in the weird zipper-pocket of my swimming trunks. Swimwear is NOT built to hold the weight of 50 pennies, but at least the elastic waistband *tried* to hug my waist.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Brings Cupcakes
Of Few Words

Post by Brings Cupcakes » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 am

BuildsLegos wrote:Worst. Loose clothing. Ever.
Exactly. What the heck is that even supposed to be? How does it not get in her way?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to meet the new character, but the outfit is more than a bit silly.

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:04 am

I wonder who or what she is. Possibly a dungeon guide like Noe? Or a past adventurer?

Also, I posted this in another thread, but as YardMeat mentioned, there's going to be several threads discussing the same topic, so I'll post it here instead.
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:02 am

I suspect she is a spell caster and the little pockets are for spell ingredients. I believe that there was a mention in one of the threads about Thunt introducing a new spell caster in the near future. By the way, there is a new sneak peak up. Looks pretty intense.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:25 pm

For those who might not like the new character's costume: nothing can be worse for us, than Thaco's loincloth was for the GAP.

Also, Thaco could have looked like panel 5 in the last several books.

Finally, I leave this assurance. More than half of the main protagonists have seen some sort of costume change since their introduction. (Bonus points for anyone who knows how many Vorpal has had.)
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:10 am

Is that a face in the middle of the .... belt pouch?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 am

I don't know what the etiquette is about discussing the votes of other comics, (so I'll spoiler this) but
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:51 am

I saw the increase too.
But then, two kinds does have a massive base.
And Goblins was up in the 70k votes back then.....

I don't find it that weird... And it is plausible.

Most professional webcomicmakers stop TWC vote incentives at a certain time, and even stop promoting voting, and they drop out of top-100
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:47 am

Apparently THunt will do more vote incentives now.
Exposure is what's needed to get ad income up to track.....
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Click the vote button under the title to see the 1st #Goblins I drew (in 2003). They looked VERY different at first! http://www.goblinscomic.org
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:For folks who missed it earlier today, I've got something neato under the vote button. Prototype #Goblins from 2003 http://www.goblinscomic.org
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Scroll down to the blog, if you're interested in some details about that vote button thingy.
My new Patreon Page blog post wrote:EDIT! I just want to quickly mention the vote button located at the top of the site (IÔÇÖm not sure if IÔÇÖm allowed to place a copy of that button here in the blog, otherwise I would), under the Goblins title. YouÔÇÖre allowed one vote per IP address, every 24 hours. And yes, the rules of TopWebComics specifically say that youÔÇÖre allowed to vote from home, then vote again at school/work, if you like. IÔÇÖll be hiding neato Goblins stuff ÔÇ£underÔÇØ the vote button every 1 or 2 days. Simply clicking on it, will show you that dayÔÇÖs secret Goblin thingy. Right now, the VERY first goblins I ever drew are tucked in there. I drew them back in 2003 and they look REALLY different! So what does voting actually do? It moves the Goblins banner up that list. The higher it is, the more exposure Goblins gets. DonÔÇÖt forget that you can also vote once a day on ANY of the other comics as well. So if you see something in that list that you like, give them a vote! It takes like, 2 seconds and it makes our day. Trust me. :)
► Show Spoiler
Need vote buttons? Quote me and copy the link/image you want from [ur l=... to .../url]
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Krulle on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Seems like he's having fun with TWC again. :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Hey! We're number one again!!!
*party*
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:A scwillion, bazillion, shabillion weapons and shields are now under the vote button at goblinscomic.org #Goblins

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Number one? Holy Moley, that's pretty cool!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Guus wrote:Number one? Holy Moley, that's pretty cool!
The Dark Fandom is indeed powerful. Once fed with updates, it can build up great momentum to utterly demolish any tests or comment sections put before it.

But beware - it can unleash a wrath so terrible that even the mighty Thunt cannot fully control it. And ye, are we not forbidden from speaking that poor, unfortunate's name?

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Wooh, number one :D

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:38 am

► Show Spoiler
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:There's a new secret image under the vote button on the site. Did you catch this hard to notice detail in #Goblins? http://www.goblinscomic.org
► Show Spoiler

Edit: edited in link to detail...
Last edited by Krulle on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:12 am

I saw it. Honestly, I think it was worded the wrong way though - changing the world to suit your ideals is neither good nor bad, it's the ideals and the means you use to enforce them that are important. But, yes, it is a very nice visual parallel.

EDIT:A better way to put it would be how they handle evidence that contradicts their worldview: Ruby destroys it without considering its validity, while Minmax accepts it and updates his views accordingly.

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Post by LooksClosely » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:32 pm

This new vote incentive showing the parallel between two scenes is pretty cool. I like the insight it provides into THunt's storytelling/planning.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 am

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Forgath gets patched up by Kliks in the next #Goblins and ends up... different. Vote at http://www.goblinscomic.org to get a peek at him.
► Show Spoiler
That Forgath looks like he has at least two replacement parts received from different kliks.
And I thought replacing body parts is frowned upon in the klik civilisation?
Or did Junior have to be different, as he had manipulators (being a replacement for a hand) and as such had more necessity to be able to think as what is wanted?
Last edited by Krulle on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:34 am

Sweet and/or Holy Frosted Whizbangs, Batman.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:35 am

Yes, indeed. Looks like a new avatar to me...

MandalorTeSiit
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by MandalorTeSiit » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:55 am

Krulle wrote:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Forgath gets patched up by Kliks in the next #Goblins and ends up... different. Vote at http://www.goblinscomic.org to get a peek at him.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 9229ca.jpg

That Forgath looks like he has at least two replacement parts received from different kliks.
And I thought replacing body parts is frowned upon in the klik civilisation?
Or did Junior have to be different, as he had manipulators (being a replacement for a hand) and as such had more necessity to be able to think as what is wanted?
Maybe those are actually full Kliks, not replacement parts. They can change shape, so why not into bandages/armor?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 am

That would make more sense to cover an eye than replace it when it's going to make a full recovery anyway.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Moroser
Of Few Words

Post by Moroser » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:21 pm

I hope Forgath won't be that colourful in the further comic. First the beard, now all these patches - that's too much.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:03 am

MandalorTeSiit wrote:Maybe those are actually full Kliks, not replacement parts. They can change shape, so why not into bandages/armor?
Plus, like I mentioned in the other thread, Dies' replacement part shared his soul and even seemed to share his IME. That doesn't seem to be the case with Forgath's mismatched patches. I think you are right about the shape changing/bandage idea.