A Vote for Goblins!

Discuss the comic here!
Iamnotreallyhere
Mumbles Incoherently

A Vote for Goblins!

Post by Iamnotreallyhere » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:06 pm

A vote for Goblins is a vote for THunt!!

http://topwebcomics.com/vote/3288/default.aspx

I think a good goal here would be to get Goblins back in the top 50 or so.

Why?

#BecauseReasons!

= P

Ethereal
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: A Vote for Goblins!

Post by Ethereal » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 pm

I think we should respect his wishes. There's a note there saying he took down the vote button. We should vote when he gets things going again.

Gkom
Speaks Quietly

Post by Gkom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:25 am

Actually, if I remember coractly, he took the button down after running 1st for almost two years so that other web comics will have a chance...
I don't think he wants us to vote there.

Iamnotreallyhere
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Iamnotreallyhere » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 pm

I don't ever remember him discouraging us from voting for him on that website, only taking the link down from the front page because he felt it was obligating people to vote for him. That and from what I have seen it's not like its made any room for any other webcomic to reach the top spots as from what I've seen the top spots have always been dominated by a select few, the only real difference these days is that Goblins isn't as high on the list as it used to be. Goblins is currently 93rd on the list, all I would like to see is it rise a few ranks as voting for him there would be a simple and easy way of showing our support for Thunt and his awesome webcomic.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Thunt wrote:I feel like Goblins has enjoyed the 1st place spot enough and itÔÇÖs time to move on and make room for the other comics on the list.

Iamnotreallyhere
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Iamnotreallyhere » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 pm

I still feel that raising it to around 50th on the list isn't contradictory to his wishes, after all that's still quite a ways from 1st.
That's just my opinion however I suppose.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:46 am

I haven't stopped voting for Goblinscomic on TWC.
It's simply in my favourites list there.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:10 am

It's a shame that TWC doesn't have a 'hall of fame' type of thing where the #1 comic for x years can be moved to.

ane
Remains Silent

Post by ane » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 am

The ranks do change on the list. Slowly but they change.
Thunt is a great guy :roll:

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:41 pm

(Apologies in advance to anyone upset by this necro-post.) Voting for Goblins would be appropriate right now, with Thunt having just returned to posting regular updates after his hiatus. I'd like to think he won't be too upset if the comic gets some visibility there for a while.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:33 am

It seems a little optimistic to call the updates "regular", after 2 weeks.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

warlord-doon
Remains Silent

Post by warlord-doon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:16 am

Up to #58!!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 am

#51 right now.
From half September to begin October we went from #138 to #84 (peaking sometimes at #83).

I'll remove my sig. again, as I intended it only as a one-time kick....

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am

BuildsLegos wrote:It seems a little optimistic to call the updates "regular", after 2 weeks.
I don't know that anyone has ever called me optimistic before. :lol: Anyway, regular is the plan, and work is going forward on updates, so :shrug:

edit: #46

mustache_man
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by mustache_man » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:52 am

BuildsLegos wrote:It seems a little optimistic to call the updates "regular", after 2 weeks.
I'd say it's optmistic to call them regular after one update. But here's to hope.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:22 am

You guys are the people who always say "actually..." after someone says something, aren't you? :|

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:10 am

My obsession with accurate wording is nothing compared to my obsession with spatial effiency; I'm always playing Tetris with the contents of my room and always prefer that a given object is as small as possible without sacrificing what I love about it. Slightly shorter boxes, so many collection games, and bigger digital storage were honestly major factors in what console I chose.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 am

Spatial*

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Post by Catmandont » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:59 pm

mustache_man wrote:
I'd say it's optmistic to call them regular after one update. But here's to hope.
What's wrong with a little optimism? I don't think it's very productive to make assumptions regarding update frequency, this early into Thunt's new 'groove'. Ok, MAYBE I'm treading on eggshells here, but I'd rather not inadvertently say something that sets off a chain of events, which starts with hookers and ends with him waking up in pool of urine across from a nearly toothless man named "Oneshot". NOT necessarily his own urine; mind you. (long story).

Heck; I'll take Goblins every 2 weeks, if that's what it takes for Thunt's emotionally stability. As long as I'm aware of more to come, I'm a cool kitty.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Knucklekraken wrote:Spatial*
:love:

mustache_man
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by mustache_man » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Catmandont wrote:
mustache_man wrote:
What's wrong with a little optimism? I don't think it's very productive to make assumptions regarding update frequency, this early into Thunt's new 'groove'. Ok, MAYBE I'm treading on eggshells here, but I'd rather not inadvertently say something that sets off a chain of events, which starts with hookers and ends with him waking up in pool of urine across from a nearly toothless man named "Oneshot". NOT necessarily his own urine; mind you. (long story).

Heck; I'll take Goblins every 2 weeks, if that's what it takes for Thunt's emotionally stability. As long as I'm aware of more to come, I'm a cool kitty.
There's nothing wrong with a little optimism. And once every two weekes is regular. Hell, once a year is regular. I hope he can settle into a schedule that can keep him confortable with both his update frequency and his working hours and lets hm pay the bills.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:44 am

If anybody is interested, Goblins is at #39 right now. Go, Top 40! lol.

Denjanjeau
Mutters to Themself

Post by Denjanjeau » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 am

I will happily vote for goblins. Just two things.

1) Vote link at main page?
2) change teaser picture (its way old) when voting?

Denjanjeau
Mutters to Themself

Post by Denjanjeau » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:39 am

RocketScientist wrote:If anybody is interested, Goblins is at #39 right now. Go, Top 40! lol.
Top 42 now... but still. I guess thunt gets cash from ads from the traffic? So this is important I think, cause he has lost income for a while and we want him to keep going.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:42 am

@Denjanjeau:
There is, and will be, no vote button on main page, as THunt wanted Goblins off TWC. He decided that it's been nice being on top for so long, but he will not advertise Goblinscomic Votes for TWC anymore.

And therefore we will also not receive new Vote Incentives.
(Although a high-res clsoe up of Kore's face would be a good idea as vote incentive.)

But, for your convenience, you may click the banner below:
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.