Ice-cream sandwiches and Thunt-hugs

Discuss the comic here!
Avistew
Speaks Quietly
UStream Username: Avistew

Ice-cream sandwiches and Thunt-hugs

Post by Avistew » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Someone sarcastically mentioned us creating a thread about ice-cream sandwiches and Thunt-hugs. It seemed too good a thread title to pass up. So here we go! This thread is to talk about ice-cream sandwiches, give Thunt hugs (or I guess receive them. The phrasing accommodates for both) and generally talk about kitties and rainbows. Warning! Reading this thread may cause diabetes!

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Re: Ice-cream sandwiches and Thunt-hugs

Post by Benbo231 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:09 pm

My favorite kind of Ice Cream Sandwich is the one with the outside made of chocolate chip cookies, and then the exposed ring of ice cream rolled through chocolate chips. What's yours?

Also, we need a 'Hug Counter' for this thread.

unavoidablytiger
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by unavoidablytiger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:04 pm

I like the basic rectangular shaped ice cream sandwich with the chocolate cookie and vanilla ice cream, still frozen enough that the cookie is crisp and not soggy.

On another ice cream sandwich related note, this showed up on my Facebook this morning and I thought it was pretty funny - Image

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:23 pm

That is a hard call. The square ones tend to get soggy before I am done, but the frozen chocolate chips tend to hurt my teeth. But I do have to say that my all time favourite Dairy Queen treat is a Dilly Bar, the doughnut shaped, chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick. I'll take that over a sandwich any day.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

nameneeded
Mutters to Themself

Post by nameneeded » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Cotton Candy!!! Followed by Bubble-gum then Neapolitan. There ore some flavours I have enjoyed like taro, red velvet, organic vanilla, custard etc but they are not readily available.

Oddly neopolitan ice cream sandwiches never did it for me.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Tarol.

He's f'ing awesome.

Nuff said.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm reminded of a time when I was a teenager. My mom comes home late one afternoon:

mom: Hi, have you had lunch?
me: Yeah, I had a sandwich.
mom: ... Was it an ice cream sandwich?
me: ... Yeah.

:)

Also, *thunt-hugs*

Also also, rainbows and kittens are pretty keen. Also Pop-Tarts.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 pm

I like the generic "2 chocolate patties, with vanilla in the middle". Especially if it gets just a little warm, and you can lick the chocolate patties off, and they're kinda malleable, so they bend and then break and you can enjoy them by themselves, THEN you get to eat a bar of warming vanilla icecream with little chocolate-patty knobs as a handle.
And I would give Thunt a whole box of em if he came to Ohio. And we'd talk about Dies and Big Ears, and his goblins/x-men spinoff that someone posted one day when he was going to a con and he got an artist friend to cover.

Jural
Whispers Softly

Post by Jural » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:35 pm

I love ice cream sandwiches, especially the three flavor ones. Although, sometimes the cookie bit gets all stuck to your fingers and you need to lick it off, but you are still sticky and need a serious wash afterwards. That is annoying and delicious

More importantly- much love and support (and my prayers) to Thunt. *HUGS*

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:59 am

Ice cream sandwiches are not actually a big thing here. I've had one in America but not here. Not the cookie type ones anyway... Think I've had one where the outside is wafer, but it was kinda blah.

Avistew
Speaks Quietly

Post by Avistew » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 am

I like the "It's It" brand. Which is what was described earlier: chocolate chips cookies with ice-cream in the middle, in some cases the whole things covered in chocolate again.

I like the soft ones less, I feel like I have to eat them too fast and I get my teeth all cold and it hurts.

I also like Choco Tacos, which should totally count as a variety of ice-cream sandwich because it's ice-cream between cooked dough/batter >.>

And big hugs to Thunt!
Does anyone know of vegan ice-cream sandwiches? I know of vegan ice-cream (almond-based and coconut-based are my favourite, but there are some that are rice-based as well) and I know of vegan cookies (a store in my mall sells amazing ones) so you can definitely make them, but I'm wonder if there are some commercial brands of them I could just pick up. Of course I guess I could always make my own...

BlackTygra
Remains Silent

Post by BlackTygra » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35 am

My favorite Ice cream sandwich is made by Skinny cow. They don't tend to get the melty cookie all over your fingers, and for a "diet" bar, the flavor is so much better than the next popular ice cream sandwich (imho, anyway)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:35 am

I don't like ice cream sandwiches. If I'm going to consume that kind of calories, I'm getting them from Ben and Jerry. Or the local Fro Yo shop.

/contrary

Hugs for Thunt, though.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:01 am

Could I suggest a Mountain Dew flavor THunt Hug?

donutguy640
Remains Silent

Post by donutguy640 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:09 am

first time on the forums, and this is the first thread I see...WIN!

I don't guess I've tried many kinds of ice cream sammiches, but I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite anyway (I do for nearly anything)

when I eat such things, I usually eat the regular rectangle ones, but I am inclined to agree with CooksACarrot though, about the DQ bars...or, since they're probably cheaper, Klondike bars (same thing, IMO)

*Thunt-hugs

P.S. Tofu - LOL! nice...A&W Cream Soda's better though

Avistew
Speaks Quietly

Post by Avistew » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 am

Tofu wrote:Could I suggest a Mountain Dew flavor THunt Hug?
As long as it's US Mountain Dew, with the caffeine :P

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:15 am

donutguy640 wrote: when I eat such things, I usually eat the regular rectangle ones, but I am inclined to agree with CooksACarrot though, about the DQ bars...or, since they're probably cheaper, Klondike bars (same thing, IMO)
They are, basically, the same. Dilly bars were always a favourite of mine as a kid, though, so I still love them. I also still get cones from Laura Secord (Canadian chocolate and ice cream store) with a Bubble Gum scoop and a SuperKid (bright, many coloured vaguely fruit flavoured ice cream). It is way too sweet, but a fond memory from childhood.
Avistew wrote:As long as it's US Mountain Dew, with the caffeine :P
Is it only caffeinated in the US? I know Canada has a law that prevents clear drinks from being caffeinated, but is that true elsewhere?

Boop:
[thumbnail]http://inhumility.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -hug11.jpg[/thumbnail]
Look! A Distraction!

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:38 pm

You're all doing it wrong!

I know it says "Ice-cream sandwiches AND THunt-hugs", but it should totally be "Cover THunt in Ice-Cream sandwiches and hug him!"

A THunt-cream sandwich, new from OLA!

...That sounded way better and much less weird and creepy in my head.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 pm

You just know that there is some terrible rule 34 related content about that out there somewhere.
Look! A Distraction!

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 pm

No, don't say it! It's not true as long as no one speaks about it!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Guus wrote:No, don't say it! It's not true as long as no one speaks about it!
Too late
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:44 pm

donutguy640 wrote:when I eat such things, I usually eat the regular rectangle ones, but I am inclined to agree with CooksACarrot though, about the DQ bars...or, since they're probably cheaper, Klondike bars (same thing, IMO)
Oh! I was trying to remember if I ever had a Dilly Bar, but now that you say that I remember. Yeah, I just don't like that kind of frozen chocolate with ice cream. The flavors don't go well together, IMO. Dove made basically their own version of a Klondike bar as well, and my mom loves them - I tried one and ... I just don't see the appeal.

Give me them cheap generic ice cream sandwiches with the ice cream that isn't even real ice cream. It's like ice milk or something. With the soft sticky chocolate so you have to take care how you unwrap them so you don't actually touch the chocolate lest it cling to your fingers in a futile attempt to escape your devouring maw. Mmmm.. And then of course lick the inside of the wrapper clean and fold it up very tiny for no reason whatsoever. :freaky:
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Icey-sliceys was the term when I wert a lad, here in New Zealand. Two pink wafers of crisp thin artificial ice-cream cone material, with a reasonably thick slice of vanilla ice-cream* in the middle. They came in a packet that had a bundle of wafers on the outside, some one had to have a broken wafer usually, and that someone always ended up being muggins.

Also the "rich kids" birthday parties, the mother showed off their wealth by using the politically non-correctly named "Eskimo Pies" as the filling in the icey slicey, i.e. the same slice of vanilla ice-cream, but coated with a layer of chocolate. These theoretical Eskimos were either cunning traders, or well travelled, given they needed to have got both Cocoa trees AND cows, to make their pies.

Thunt, may all the birthday parties you get invited to, use Eskimo Pies in their icey sliceys.

* Real ice-cream like what you can't get in these depraved times, no artificial NUTTHIN involved in the making , ONLY the very top bit of the cow squeezings, salt, and cold. You kids don't know you are alivin, actually.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 pm

I propose a title change to "Unsolicited Ice Cream Sandwiches and Thunt-Hugs."

Avistew
Speaks Quietly

Post by Avistew » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:45 pm

CooksACarrot wrote:
Avistew wrote:As long as it's US Mountain Dew, with the caffeine :P
Is it only caffeinated in the US? I know Canada has a law that prevents clear drinks from being caffeinated, but is that true elsewhere?
I'm not sure. I've never seen it in Europe but it could exist in some countries I've never been to? I was mostly saying that to contrast with the Canadian one, since that's where Thunt lives and the US is the closest for shipping or carrying across the border.

I guess we can hug Thunt in an ice-cream sandwich. I expect that would mean two people hugging a third in the middle, and the middle one is very cold for some reason.