Well, shit... (G:AR Kickstarter)

Discuss the comic here!

Moderator: Discussion Moderators

Re: Well, shit... (G:AR Kickstarter)

Postby GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm

I don't think he ADDED the diplomacy thing, more so he swapped intelligence score (which e.g. Kin had a high one and MM had a low one, and Oblivious would give you a bonus of X minus the char's intelligence score; don't remember the value of X here) out for it.

But that's just nit picking on my side.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!

Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Postby Sessine » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:34 am

I caught some of the live session. He mostly had the wording layer turned off because he is still tweaking it on many of the cards. The few I did see... sorry, can't remember any quotes, but I did notice several that made me lol. So there's that. This game's going to be a riot to play.

He also spotted, and fixed, a mistake. There are three icons just for the Klik character. Metal items are marked with an M - "Klik can eat this." There's also a Klik-picture meaning "Klik can wear this." (Because he has no body or feet, just head and hands.) And then there's a no-blood-drop icon meaning, "This monster doesn't bleed, so Klik won't take damage from killing it." The mistake was a Klik-picture icon appearing on a plant-monster card. Catching little slips like that is going to be a huge job.

He talked about maybe setting it up to run online ... under Steam, I think he said?
A GAME I PLAY
[img=left]http://improbableisland.com/external/wt/button.png[/img]Improbable Island - a one-man indy text browser game. Weird, very funny, friendly, been playing it since 2008.

Kolojang: "Being bored on the Island is like being hungry in a free buffet."
Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Postby Krulle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 pm

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:There's a simplified version of The Goblins Card Game going to be played on my Patreon and Twitch. Players can try to collect all this loot!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Postby Krulle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:37 am

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I've finally started building the Goblins Card Game in Tabletop Simulator, so people can test it out. (The Hello Kitty backs are temporary)
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:It's still a ways from being ready, but it continues to proceed, slow and steady.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Postby Krulle » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:23 am

BIG UPDATE NEWS!

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:For the past two days, I haven't slept. I've been working on the Goblins Card Game.

You guys... I...

I think I'm finished.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Of course there's more playtesting and tweaks needed to smooth it all out, but the artwork and everything is... well it's just... Complete.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Danielle and I have been playing it today and it feels like a well rounded, complete game. This feels so weird.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Very soon, I'll have a web page set up to keep you up to date on the game and showcase the rules and artwork, etc.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I know a lot of you have a lot of questions and I want to answer them all soon. Apologies for the lack of comic updates, lately.

EDIT: The big enws update blog post: BIG news update, "Goblins - Animated", discussion thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1778.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Postby Krulle » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Accidentally posted in the twitter thread, repeating here:

Even more updates:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Currently resizing all the Goblins Cards so they fit into the Tabletop Simulator format. There's like a scwillion cards. This takes forever.
[img]bored.gif[/img]

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:This card is kept out of the game, unless the Axe of Prissan is destroyed. Then it's shuffled into the encounter deck.

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Any Tabletop Simulator experts out there, know how to create a deck bigger than 70 cards?
Reply given by @Tam_Troll: Make two decks then put them together.

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'm just about ready to try a game of The Goblins Card Game via Tabletop Simulator and Twitch. Maybe as early as tomorrow!

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I 'think' the game is ready for its first trial run on Tabletop Simulator. But I'm exhausted & need sleep. 1st game gets attempted tomorrow.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Postby Krulle » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:34 am

2Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'm going to be running games of Goblins: Alternate Realities (beta card game) Monday on Tabletop Simulator. I'll post times here.

If anyone participates, I would love to hear a small report about it. Even if it's just "we had to abort, it was too buggy to play"....
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Postby brnforce » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:12 pm

That Sacred card is scary. o_0
brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Postby Krulle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:37 am

Indeed. Hence take good care of your Axe of Prissan.

Anyway, a few further tweets:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Some of you have seen me spend hours drawing one hand. So it should come as no surprise that I just redesigned all the classes in G:AR.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Gonna run a private test game with the new class system. If it works, I'll add the graphics and run an online game in Tabletop Simulator.

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Okay, been reworking parts of the game all day. If anyone is interested, I need 3 people with Tabletop Simulator to play a test game with me
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:There are a couple points that I think 'may' be game breaking, but they might also work really well. Also, I've never played anything on TTS
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:The server I created is called Goblins: Alternate Realities and the password is this word... The Axe Of *******

@Thunt_Goblins, about three hours later wrote:
https://twitter.com/Golthan/status/907489902157225984 wrote:@Thunt_Goblins Had fun. Play again some other time! o7
You rocked the Casbah as Big Ears! I'm actually look forward to playing it again tomorrow.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:G:AR went really well! Minmax, the level 4 cleric (who'd gained green wings made of his I.M.E), succeeded in rezzing Saves A Fox, who was...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...killed by Dellyn. Saves (a Ranger) later set a trap for Dellyn and lured him into it, killing him and winning the game!
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'll need more players tomorrow. You'll need a copy of Tabletop Simulator from Steam. I'll post times on here.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Previous

Return to Goblins Discussion