March 27, 2015: Balls To The Wall

Discuss the comic here!
Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: March 27, 2015: Balls To The Wall

Post by Glemp » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:07 pm

Sockmonkey wrote:So has nobody else noticed the vanishing blue ring on Idle's finger?
...Sonovacrap!

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Urobolos wrote:
Guus wrote:Forgath should've leveled for all the roleplay exp and ballsy escape. If one of my non-agile players would dive off a bridge, just to save his soul, accepting death, that would surely grant him/her a huge exp bonus :P
He'd just leveled up while fighting Kore though. Two levels that close together is a little much.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/02042014/

Generic wrote: Or Dies relieved from his fate.
But Dies wasn't relieved of his fate, in point of fact Dies fulfilled his fate rather spectacularly.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/10212011-2/

I am aware of that. I still want him to die horribly. I still think he got off easy. 'I died horribly and all I got was transparent ears'
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Generic wrote:No. Forgath is making ballsack jokes and MinMax is giving mostauche-tips. I agree, it should be grim. Looking at the characters it apears to be not.
Forgath isn't intentionally making jokes.

Minmax's mustache advice is born of a realization that the goblin he is best equipped to relate to is the one that was mentally broken.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:50 pm

Glemp wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:I'm glad Forgath didn't die. I would have been shocked if he had. The prophecy hasn't happened yet (Thunt said it would be obvious when it does) so how could he die now? This was just a foreshadowing.
I regard the prophecies of Y&B and the Wall as being separate - for example, during the fight it was suggested that Forgath would die and Kore would use one of his temporary resurrection pill thingies to compel him to kill MM, Kin, and the GAP, fulfilling both at different points in time.
"You will die in a great battle with another dwarf," and "when the serpent becomes your prey, friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate" are both from the teller. The wall just confirmed it and added the part about it ending badly if they found the GAP. You might be right, though. Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Post by LooksClosely » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:46 pm

When I see "Bowst", my instinct is to pronounce it like "well done! take a bow"-st instead of "tie it in a bow"-st. Is that just me?
Consensus is that it should be the second one so that the pair's names spell "idle boast", right?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 pm

Pronounce it how you want. Thunt calls it "the axe of priz-anne" even though the pun is that it's prison. So maybe it is bow as in the front of a ship even though the joke is that it's boast.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Renee Goines
Remains Silent

Post by Renee Goines » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:47 pm

Encase anyone is on Thunt's Patreon, this page fully shaded is up in HD now. :3

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:09 pm

WearsHats wrote:Pronounce it how you want. Thunt calls it "the axe of priz-anne" even though the pun is that it's prison. So maybe it is bow as in the front of a ship even though the joke is that it's boast.
I always called it the Axe of Pris-San... and only now do I get the pun.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:40 am

Generic wrote:
Urobolos wrote:
Generic wrote: Or Dies relieved from his fate.
But Dies wasn't relieved of his fate, in point of fact Dies fulfilled his fate rather spectacularly.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/10212011-2/

I am aware of that. I still want him to die horribly. I still think he got off easy. 'I died horribly and all I got was transparent ears'
Thunt confirmed that "we'll notice when the prophecy has been fulfilled", and that this encounter with the Demoness was not "it".

(The time of the fulfilment of the prophesy will leave no ambiguity whether it was the prophesy or not)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:45 am

Krulle wrote:Thunt confirmed that "we'll notice when the prophecy has been fulfilled", and that this encounter with the Demoness was not "it".

(The time of the fulfilment of the prophesy will leave no ambiguity whether it was the prophesy or not)

Yay! :D And in the spirit of puns: Thunt's up thumb. Umh...
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:49 am

I thought the 'you won't miss the property when it's fulfilled'was in reference to the FM prophesy. I mean, it could be both, but I don't recall him saying that about Dies.... Cause that was pretty definitive at the time.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:01 am

spiderwrangler wrote:I thought the 'you won't miss the property when it's fulfilled'was in reference to the FM prophesy. I mean, it could be both, but I don't recall him saying that about Dies.... Cause that was pretty definitive at the time.
It was. Technically, "the prophecy" only refers to "When the serpent becomes your prey...", but sometimes we get befuddled :-P.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:33 am

He did say that the name-prophecy will come true at a later stage.
:( I'm still dreading that day I'll read Dies's death...

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:56 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
WearsHats wrote:Pronounce it how you want. Thunt calls it "the axe of priz-anne" even though the pun is that it's prison. So maybe it is bow as in the front of a ship even though the joke is that it's boast.
I always called it the Axe of Pris-San... and only now do I get the pun.
Did you miss the alternate reality he talked about during the Maze of Many arc where BE has the "Hammer of Jale" instead?

Urobolos
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Urobolos » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Krulle wrote:He did say that the name-prophecy will come true at a later stage.
:( I'm still dreading that day I'll read Dies's death...

I don't remember him saying anything about the names, only the prophecy from the seer and the wall.

I mean, Saves a Fox already fulfilled her fate, it's not like she's going to be going around saving foxes for the rest of her life. And Dies Horribly did complete that requirement, but there's nothing in there that said he had to stay dead.

Restomak
Mutters to Themself

Post by Restomak » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm still wondering about the Chasm of Curses thing. If it's not just because Kliks eat stuff they want to keep (I kinda doubt that's what it is anyway), I wonder why that's the name he has for it. Did he choose it, or someone else? Is it an apt name? That's what I'm curious about :P

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:08 pm

RocketScientist wrote:
YardMeat wrote:
Thunt wrote:So I'm going to randomly lay down some Goblins info that I'm not giving out elsewhere. This'll possibly help create more targets for over-analysis until the comic updates speed up.

Two new, major characters are about to be introduced within the next couple months. A fighter and a wizard. I really like these characters and have been looking forward to them for years. They're very unique and cool.
Hm, I could have sworn he said caster.
:idea:
  • Thunt is working on Alternate Realities.
  • Recent solar eclipse + Upcoming lunar eclipse = interesting celestial events.
  • Certain memories do not line up with apparent evidence.
Is it possible that during one of these celestial events, you somehow crossed over from another reality where that is what he said? (See Coherence. Pretend that eclipses and/or comets can make this happen. Because that would be cool.)

/overactive imagination :oops:

Never mind. Carry on.
First of all, I JUST WATCHED THAT MOVIE LAST WEEKEND AND I LOVED IT! The unnecessary exposition was totally worth all of the awesome tension. Second of all, my name is TaemDray and I am evil! Muahaha!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:23 am

Now that the page is fully shaded, here's the transcription with the permalink:
http://www.goblinscomic.org/04012015/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
unshaded version, half-shaded version

PostsRarely
Remains Silent

Post by PostsRarely » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Now that the page is shaded, I've noticed something else. Is Idle carrying a coil of rope on her left shoulder or is that part of the skirt-thing she's wearing?
?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:44 pm

I think it's clothes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Very nice shading, and nice see the progress (better than no updates until the page is ready).
I wonder though, why Thunt didn't start with the shading of previous page.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 pm

extrabigmehdi wrote:I wonder though, why Thunt didn't start with the shading of previous page.
Shhh, don't ask that or he may go back to other unshaded pages and we won't get new story until he catches up on years worth of shading!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:03 pm

:chuckle:
YardMeat wrote:First of all, I JUST WATCHED THAT MOVIE LAST WEEKEND AND I LOVED IT! The unnecessary exposition was totally worth all of the awesome tension. Second of all, my name is TaemDray and I am evil! Muahaha!
I knew it!

That movie was awesome. Loved it.

Raza
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Raza » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25 am

nikohl wrote:It's possible that the third member of the party is the one who called Forgath a bearded noisemaker, since it doesn't fit the apparent speaking style of these two here - if it is those three. Even if it isn't those three, there might be a third person anyway.

And can we not use slutty as a pejorative? It leaves a bad taste in my mouth :/ For all we know, Idle is like... 12. Or agender. Or some other thing that makes "woo naked chick woo" almost as lame as the previous disapproved discussion of the shape of her chest.

Scant clothing is scant clothing, nothing more. Bowst isn't wearing much either, nor is Forgath. Maybe it's hot where they are. ¬_¬

(edited to add, in response to your edit: I personally have no problem with discussing body parts, I have a problem with objectifying said body parts, aaaaaaand a moderator said to stop so we're gonna.)
I'm not definitely using slutty as pejorative! I love me some slutty clothing. And isn't 12 like, middle aged for a goblin? This seems like a silly thing to worry about, considering.

Honestly, I appreciate seeing aesthethically-yet-barely dressed bodies. Bowst's too, honestly, although his face and attitude make him unattractive to me; and I wouldn't judge anyone for evaluating Forgath like that, either, but we do in fact know why he's naked. And yes, that appreciation is partially because I respond to those bodies as sexual stimuli; human-esque sexual characteristic body parts are pretty close to being objectively sexual in nature, when the discussion of them happens between human beings. That sort of interpretation may not be mandatory, but it is at the very least blatantly, intentionally obvious; ours brains have intrinsic networking leading from vision to body part recognition to sexual evaluation, and even if the corresponding impulse isn't going to become conscious for everybody viewing this comic, it's definitely happening at some subthreshold volume even for the people who don't notice (or habitually repress) it. Considering all that, I don't see the need to have moral reservations about celebrating something that gets a positive reaction out of me; especially when we're all going to get publicly excited about these same fictional characters getting into a fight to the death four comics from now.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:45 am

I believe that 12 was indicated as the human equivalent age rather than a goblin age. In other words, she may be way too young for people to be perving on.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler