Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Re: Twitter tweets (now: new site design)

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 pm

WearsHats wrote:It's VCON weekend. He's one of the Guests of Honour. So he's going to be pretty busy for the next few days. That's why he really wanted it to go up yesterday. I guess that didn't happen. We spent yesterday morning traveling into the city and I know the rest of the day was chaos for me and that he had a couple of last-minute errands to run. Sorry. Might be a little while. But we're close.
The weekend is over now, so assuming nothing titanic occurs...ohhhhh boy!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Well, the original plan was to put up the page partially finished so that you could see what happened but not get all the color and stuff. Just because he was going to be busy with the con and busy with some other stuff this week and next and he didn't want to leave you hanging. But that plan changed (which I think is an encouraging sign, really). '

As for the weekend being over: We spent today traveling and he's only just getting the chance now to get back to work. So he'll finish the page over the next few days or so and put it up when it's ready.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:52 am

WearsHats wrote:As for the weekend being over: We spent today traveling and he's only just getting the chance now to get back to work. So he'll finish the page over the next few days or so and put it up when it's ready.
:cheer: All hail WearsHats, who speaks for the Thunt.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:40 am

WearsHats wrote:Well, the original plan was to put up the page partially finished so that you could see what happened but not get all the color and stuff. Just because he was going to be busy with the con and busy with some other stuff this week and next and he didn't want to leave you hanging. But that plan changed (which I think is an encouraging sign, really). '

As for the weekend being over: We spent today traveling and he's only just getting the chance now to get back to work. So he'll finish the page over the next few days or so and put it up when it's ready.
As much as this is the biggest mystery that's gotten me hooked to the comic, and as much as I'm tempted to say that I'd rather just see the unfinished comic, I have to agree about the "encouraging sign" part. And actually hearing things about Thunt going to cons, pacing himself and taking care of other business is a much better sign of recovery than seeing another comic posted, no matter how much I want to see it. It sounds like it may be another week or two, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (now: whatever comes to mind)

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:07 am

I agree. I also prefer hearing/reading that THunt is able to keep his business in order, than new comics (and possibly THunt slacking on the "other stuff" side).
Because if the "other stuff" comes back and needs to be done, that will pressurize THunt much more, especially if the comics is back to something like the old schedule, which I am sure THunt would pressurise himself to keep up.

No, other biz first, then the comic.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:10 am

Krulle wrote:I agree. I also prefer hearing/reading that THunt is able to keep his business in order, than new comics (and possibly THunt slacking on the "other stuff" side).
Because if the "other stuff" comes back and needs to be done, that will pressurize THunt much more, especially if the comics is back to something like the old schedule, which I am sure THunt would pressurise himself to keep up.

No, other biz first, then the comic.
It looks like he is progressing on both fronts, regardless of the status of the update. He's putting a lot of work in and, as RocketScientist pointed out, going to VCON was an important step for the comic as well. I want to see Kore's face as much as any reader, but I'm sure Thunt is even more excited to unveil it . . . after putting in the detail it deserves.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:50 pm

YalaYalaGetDolla wrote::cheer: All hail WearsHats, who speaks for the Thunt.
I feel this needs to be clarified. I sometimes get inside information and I sometimes relay some of it to keep people posted when Thunt has not been communicating his status himself. I in no way speak for Thunt.

And, as you may have seen, relaying that information has not always been the best idea since things in progress are subject to change and people can get frustrated when they're told that something is expected to happen only to have it change (again).

He's put a lot of work into Kore's face. I'm not sure how much of the rest of the page has been done. But he very much wants to get the page up this week. No promises, but that's the current plan.

But yes, VCON was very successful, as far as I can tell. He had fun, socialized with fans, did some work on the comic, but wasn't whipping himself over it. Much better than I'd expected. And he did a great job at both of the panels I attended.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly

Post by MakesNoSense » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:31 pm

WearsHats wrote:
YalaYalaGetDolla wrote::cheer: All hail WearsHats, who speaks for the Thunt.
I feel this needs to be clarified. I sometimes get inside information and I sometimes relay some of it to keep people posted when Thunt has not been communicating his status himself. I in no way speak for Thunt.

And, as you may have seen, relaying that information has not always been the best idea since things in progress are subject to change and people can get frustrated when they're told that something is expected to happen only to have it change (again).

He's put a lot of work into Kore's face. I'm not sure how much of the rest of the page has been done. But he very much wants to get the page up this week. No promises, but that's the current plan.

But yes, VCON was very successful, as far as I can tell. He had fun, socialized with fans, did some work on the comic, but wasn't whipping himself over it. Much better than I'd expected. And he did a great job at both of the panels I attended.
Well, I cannot speak for everyone or anyone else, but speaking for myself, I think any information like this you share is great! I suspect that many of Thunt's fans are like me, we love the comic, but care more about his personal health than we do about the comic. Getting those updates after his time of difficulty, not only inspires us to think about the comic and discuss it as we enjoy doing, but it also lets us know that Thunt is doing well enough to keep on working at a pace which is healthy for him. If an update happens on average every week, every two weeks, every month... I do not believe that those specifics matter. What matters is that he is still working on what he (and we) loves and is doing well.

I will be happy to see the update whenever it happens :) No rush. But feel free to keep adding updates if you are allowed to share them, it helps remind us Thunt is still ok!

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Glad the con went well. Yay, Thunt! :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 am

WearsHats wrote:He's put a lot of work into Kore's face.
Will we get a ultra-high quality image of Kore's face desktop image (or normal image)? Or will he reserve that as a Patreon bonus? Or not at all, which I find might be a waste of the efforts, as the online comic format will likely not be able to display all the details he's putting in the image.

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Post by Benbo231 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:55 pm

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'm leaving town until Oct. 14th, so I've posted a very unfinished version of the page, until I return. http://www.goblinscomic.org/10082014/
Ladies and gents, we have a new comic.

Edit: WOW. My mind is officially fucking blown.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 am

As someone who has for years LOATHED the "Kore has extra eyes" speculation, I just want to say that while you lot may *technically* have been correct, I don't recall anyone that suggested this flavor of the extra eyes line... (whole faces, not just eyes).

I'm perfectly ok with this development.... as long as Kore is not Forgath from the future.... :wall: :roll:

Also.... KLIK ???? :mindblown:

Chance for Forgath to reclaim the Racist Axe too!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Post by Benbo231 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Now, the question on everybody's mind: Do we recognize anybody under the helmet? There's definitely some goblin-esque faces in there, and I know Chief was part of Kore's IME a while back.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:20 am

For those of you who don't know, I am in the icu of an ohio hospital due to respatory failure. I'm awake and alert but it might be weeks before they release me for parts unknown because I have nowhere to go. Until beds open up on the discharge floor I am stuck with all these drips, both human and otherwise. Talk to Badgeaddict for updates; the man is a saint.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:00 am

Update from Danielle:

You know how Thunt said all fans of the comic would be welcome in his house? Well, while he was out on his last trip, some fans decided to hitch a ride with him back home and have taken up residence, along with their rapidly growing families. It's made life difficult and frustrating and greatly slowed productivity.

Or, as Danielle put it more prosaically: She and Thunt are both sick.

On the plus side, the inking on the current page is mostly done, Danielle is working on coloring, and some of the shading "special effects" have been finished.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11 am

Hooray!

(Not for the friends though. Those should be expelled. Thunt really needs to learn to say no to such things.)

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Are they physically sick? D:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:23 pm

I think "friends" in this context means "germs", "viruses", or similar multiplying "friends"....
So, yes, physically sick is meant.

Get well soon, Danielle, get better soon, Tarol.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:18 pm

Krulle wrote:I think "friends" in this context means "germs", "viruses", or similar multiplying "friends"....
So, yes, physically sick is meant.
Oh, thank god. I was imagining some terrible people taking advantage of Thunt's inbuilt and national niceness.

Earthen
Pipes Up Sometimes
UStream Username: Earthen_

Post by Earthen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Oh, I thought the same thing. Some of us are literal-minded.
We're all mad here.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32 pm

So should we get Thunt and Danielle a bottle of hand sanitizer for a get well present? (Won't work for the GI bugs, but should help with assorted creeping cruds)

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:20 pm

I think it's a good opportunity to introduce a new line of merchandise: Goblins Chewable Vitamins.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 am

Sorry. I let my (attempted) humor get in the way of proper communications.

Yes, they are physically sick. I don't know the details, but let's say "nasty cold" or possibly "flu."

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:09 am

I loved this kind of humour. And I found it easy to understand.....
Especiallyin the prosaic formulation given by Danielle....
And I sincerely hope that there ar no Goblinites who really go to visit THunt, stay a few days and invite more and more family over. I sincerely hope that THunt would find a way to say no to someone taking advantage like that.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 am

This thread is now officially about the Avengers 2 trailer, since Thunt tweeted about it.

I like the "Tears of a Hulk" prediction. It does make dramatic sense.

Also, anybody have a theory about whether the Hulkbuster armor is being piloted by Tony Stark or controlled by Ultron? It's not super clear.