Take over a city!

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Take over a city!

Post by WhirdCheese » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:18 am

The Goblins of Clan Gobwich ashamed of their clans poor name have the nasty habit of lashing out at their neighbors and taking over their territory. Just so you know this was how their last few diplomatic meetings ended.

*Spills water*
Now you must die!

*Eats the Hor Derves left for him*
Now you must die!

Needless to say they've racked up quite the list of enemies. Not that it matters because their enemies tend to die horribly soon after turning into enemies. Plus getting all of their supplies has kept the clan going for centuries.

Until now. The human kingdom of Heroista has put up quite the fight and Chief Wars for Fun has put out a call to all of the Gobwich warriors. Including you. You were summoned from your peaceful existance guarding old conquests to assist in the battle.

Take up arms and defend Clan Gobwich's glory! Let none stand in your way as you roll over all opposition! Die in a Funn- You didn't hear that last.

The Rules:
► Show Spoiler

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Re: Take over a city!

Post by Arydra » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:10 am

This does seem fun, but I have a lot of stuff going on and would probably not be able to play.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:38 pm

This looks like fun, count me in. One question though, What do the letters mean when it comes to the potions? Like the CLW and CMW and whatnot? Will make my character later
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Cure x wounds. X=light, moderate, heavy, or serious.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Ahh that makes sense. Ok, my character:
Name: Biscuit
Color: Green #004000
Equipment:
1 Long sword 4 pts
1 Small Shield 4 pts
1 Scale armor 9 pts
3 CLW potion 3 pts
For a total of 20 points
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Bump for interest

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

What is HP in the equipment list? Why do you include equipment that cost so much RP that players can't buy anything else (20)? How come the max attack is 4 but the max buyable defense is 7? In other words, how will anyone be able to hurt anyone else if they are reasonably equiped?

I think you need more equipment. I think the premium def items cost too much (you jump from 9 to 20, more reasonable would continue the squaring cost to 16). I think you need some way for a minmaxer to get an attack that beats a reasonable defense. I think you need enough stuff so that there is a reason for people to choose equiped characters that are distinctive from each other. (Some games do that through more euipment, skills, or different but balanced starting stats.) You need an option of a ranged attack.

As is, a 2nd player would reasonably create a highly similar char to AccursedBiscut, nither of which could hurt the other, which would be boring on multiple levels.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am

There is an element of randomness. All attacks have 1d6 added to them

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 pm

AB versus AB, with your 1d6 added to the attacks, both miss 50% of the time.

Max attack is now 10, and max def buyable is still 7. This is still a 50% chance to miss, assuming def wins ties.

def 7 vs AB makes AB miss 66% of the time, yet could still have an attack of 8 after d6 to hit AB 33% of the time.

I don't think this 1d6 addresses the issues with the game. In fact, now someone can get lucky to win. (Note, my math MAY be off somewhere, but I think I have the general picture right.)
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.