A DnD 3.5 game (temporary suspension)

Arydra
Gives Speeches

A DnD 3.5 game (temporary suspension)

Post by Arydra » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:35 pm

In the beginning, two of the universal forces came together and created the realm of Yloped upon the prime material plane. Once this realm was created, these two forces left their creation behind. However, remnants of their power remained, and it was not long before inhabitants of this realm located these troves of power. At this point there was an emergence of beings of energy, who used the vast power left behind by the creators to become as gods to the peoples of this realm. A war was fought between these beings, and in the end only three remained. The three are: Ambri (goddess of morality, law, and healing), Adulnasium (god of magic, knowledge, and trickery), and Toh (god of deceit, pain, and chaos). The three made a pact, an agreement to not directly interfere with the people of this realm. This lasted for uncounted years, until the compact was broken by an event that the three did not anticipate. The formation of two new beings of energy, two new "gods". These young gods, named Caliet (goddess of Passion, Strength, and certainty) and Phondrian (god of fear, anger, and apathy). The two of them rekindled the conflict between the gods by intervening in the affairs of mortals and immortals alike.
It has been twenty years since the conflict was rekindled, and yet the inhabitants of Yloped are unaware of the war between the other planes. However, rumors have begun to spread of unrest in the less-civilized areas of the world. These rumors have just been compounded by a message from the Khilinar Ascendancy. Her Radiance, the Lady Amaranth, is looking for adventures to bolster the ranks of the Silver Guard. You and your companions have the option of accept or decline this request to join the forces of the goddess Caliet. But the choice is yours, adventures.

This is a lvl 6 DnD 3.5 campaign. All player handbook races and classes are open -except for psionics. Give me your character description, inventory, spells (if any), ect; an electronic version of the handbook can be found at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35. I will generate and give you 6 attribute scores, however you may assign the score to the attributes yourself. This will just be like DnD 3.5, so it might be best to have something similar to a character sheet. All of the characters will belong to the same adventuring party and thus already know each other, so no awkward introductions :). I am limiting the field to 6 players. PM me if you have any questions/comments.

p.s. I have problems coming up with original names, so I like to borrow from stories I have read/watched. These names do not influence the characters/places which I attach them too, those places are unique. It is just the name which is borrowed. So please to do not point of similarities between names.
Last edited by Arydra on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: A DnD 3.5 game (sign-ups ending March 28th)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:56 pm

*Jumps* Okay....I guess I need to talk to you if I get picked.

96harothfee
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by 96harothfee » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm interested. Though my character prefs might be a bit minimalistic, I dunno just yet. I'm gonna take some time to think up a character and swing it by you, get your thoughts on it. How many PCs are you aiming for, for the kind of group you'd prefer?

For the moment, he'll be male, probably Human, named "Adhras Hakka."

I might need some help with PC setup. I guess, via PMs when either of us is ready? I mean, on the presumption that I am given a ggreen light. :)

Edit: I'm blind, sorry.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Sure, both of you can join. And I can help create/format characters if anyone needs help. I have played 3.5 for 7 years, and I like to think I know a little bit about how to make a character. Any character type is welcome, but the game would be interesting if we ended up with a group of pure spell-caster or pure fighter.

After I get some more players we can hash out a concrete schedule that works for everyone.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Okay well uh.. I was originally going to have this character be a priest of Evening Glory..but your deities...well don't really fit with it.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks for reminding me. Divine spell-casters have to worship on of the gods presented in the intro. I have domains all set up for them and will tell you if necessary.

Burns, If you want to try and twist a divine spell-caster class to fit my deities, just run it by me first.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Hmm...i will probably not be able to play aethel then...

96harothfee
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by 96harothfee » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm running a little behind schedule for today, I'll be able to do up a PC sometime in the evening or in about 3-4 hours +/- from the time of my posting.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Re: A DnD 3.5 game (sign-ups ending at some point)

Post by Arydra » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 am

Sorry the two of you who had posted about possibly joining, but I am having a few problems at college and thus this game will have to be put in suspension until I get everything worked out. Hope this does not inconvenience you two, but it doesn't really look like we would have had to many characters anyways. I will let both of you know if I ever decide to attempt to DM a game again.

96harothfee
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: A DnD 3.5 game (temporary suspension)

Post by 96harothfee » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:27 pm

That's fine. I'm having my own reallife issues going on, as of a couple nights ago. I'll try to keep an eye out for whenever you feel like getting back into it.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:29 pm

If possible, I would jump in too.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

96harothfee
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by 96harothfee » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 pm

To be quite honest, I was having trouble trying to concentrate on my PC creation what with reallife coming down around me. And I havent made very many PCs before too, so that's working against me, haha