Menagerie

maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Menagerie

Post by maidiance » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello, I'm Mai and new here. I'm hoping mostly to see if there's any interest in a couple of games I like to play and/or run. (Yes, I know menageries are more for animals, but it seemed a good enough term to use in a pinch.)

First up, I have a game I called Questopia.
You run an inn, where patrons can come visit (giving you income), accept quests, and even sometimes brawl or gamble.
This is a game where there really isn't an over-arching objective, and has trouble usually around the time the inn starts to actually make a decent profit and/or have a good standing; any suggestions, questions, or etc about anything from specific mechanics or other details are always welcome :)

Secondly, I have a game I spun off of Quarry Defense, which I called Once Upon A Castle
I've been considering changing it up quite a bit, but the basic premise is that you do some action, level up that action, and thereby have various players be better at specific tasks. During the day, the goal is to set up some defenses and the infrastructure for homes and etc. Then, at night the defenses are tested. Rinse and repeat for generally lighthearted fun.

Thirdly, I am interested to see if a new concept of mine, named Cloudweaver, could possibly be of interest.
It's a tile-based game where fog-of-war hides a good majority of the map; as players go deeper, it gets more dangerous. But magic is available; a blend of color and invention, and when combinations come together it can make for some nice interactions. The only issue arises when players drift a little too far away.

Thanks for reading if you did, and thanks in advance for any comments of any kind :D

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot. I've always wanted to take a crack at an actual Menagerie game too!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Menagerie

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums :)

If you want to run a game and need players I'll jump in! I think the inn game sounds cool, but I could get behind any of them. Never heard of menegerie :)

maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by maidiance » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome!
Google wrote:me┬Ànag┬Àer┬Àie
məˈnajərē,məˈnaZHərē
noun
a collection of wild animals kept in captivity for exhibition.
a strange or diverse collection of people or things.
In this case, it was a collection of ideas, but a menagerie (of animals) game might be interesting to explore.

I'll start re-writing the inn game up though, thank you :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Sweet :) weekends are usually a bit quiet on here, but there's a pretty solid group of forum gamers so hopefully you'll get some more interest in the next few days.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 am

I'll take an interest in playing any of those ideas. There are games similar to Questopia where everyone collectively manages something, a kingdom or civilisation, which sort of fade in and out of play, so it should be a popular one.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:23 am

Haha, I would be interested in the animal game, :thumbsup: most likely, not so much in the defense game :stab: , but that's just me. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 am

Hello, I'd be open to joining one more game.
I, like Gathers, am more interested in the non-defense game. The Cloudweaver one peaks my interest the most.

If you pick one you want to do and will be most fun for YOU, I'm certain you will find some players!

maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by maidiance » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks everyone for their input, much appreciated :grin:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 am

Not trying to dissuade you, but just pointing out that we already have a roleplaying inn called Gobl'Inn that you might want to make a character and pop inside. Not sure if it is a similar or different concept to yours.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:16 am

Is the Gobl'Inn still going? Did it move to another subforum or something?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:14 am

I thought the Gobl'Inn died with the keenspot forum... There's the goblin adventurers league, but that ran out of steam a while ago and was a different concept to this one from the sounds of things.

maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by maidiance » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:34 am

I think I'll just try to run the inn-game I have anyway then. Hope for the best :)