8%
No, fuck you. (Wow, rude)
8%

Total votes: 12

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Ruined Kingdom - The recomening

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Alright, so after some conversation about this here in the open games and recruitment thread... It seems that there's some interest picking up an old game of mine again I had to abandon due to a lack of interest - Ruined Kingdom.

Ruined Kingdom was an open game, where everyone could participate. Each season, you as a benevolent (or malevolent, whichever you prefer...) dragon command your court - Hence controlling your kingdom and trying to advance...

Of course, this is not something I want to start too lightly - Hence this topic to see just how people are interested, and to make sure some things are clear on the matter.

Firstly, the game would be picking up from where we left off - I'm afraid I'd be finding myself repeating too much if we were to start over in a slightly new setting, which I think wouldn't be as enjoyable for everyone. However I can understand that it could be a bit sudden to jump in - So while I would recommend reading the updates in the 12 threads, which wouldn't take too much time, here's a very quick summary of what happened so far:
You wake up to find your resting hall in ruins after 150 years - And are soon greeted by your magister and dragonknight and informed that your kingdom has been attacked and reduced to little more than rubble by the kingdom Umilicien - Led by another dragon you have a longstanding rivalry with, Darilcoth.

So setting out the magister to collect the populace and the dragonknight to quell banditry, you slowly start rebuilding - Adding more and more members to your court as your slowly is being rebuilt, such as the artisan, the marshall, the regent... And right now, the latest developments are that something seems to have happened with land that Rhenovia stole from you during your absence, and strange creatures have since been spotted...
I would recommend at least reading the last update - At the bottom of each update you will also find a stat overview, which you can look over to get some information about how the city is faring. The last update

Here's a map Dazzagard made back in the day to give a better overview of how the kingdoms are aligned (with us being Fehlarin)

One small change I'm implementing, since I believe part of the issue that interest was lost was because I was waiting for actions that didn't seem to come for some of the court members - Which could partially have been since nobody was really sure what they could be doing at the time. So while generally, it'd likely be better to issue everyone a command, should a situation like that occur I will put them on "lounging" mode - During which they will do nothing, increasing their mood, or do what they think is best for the town. With more preference towards the latter if their mood is already high...

note: never allow the magister to lounge.

So all that being said... Are you people still interested? Do you have any questions?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Ruined Kingdom - The recomening

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm

I think the idle default for the court makes sense and gives you a bit easier time if no one has a good plan for them. Agree that Magister should not be left to his own devices...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:49 pm

I think last time I participated in this game was right after reading song of ice and fire series. It might affected my choices ;)

I'm interested in continue playing

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Am interest in it still.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 pm

I'm game!
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:14 am

Hmm... Yeah, know what, 5 persons that are interested should be enough to warrant at least giving it a try.

I'll likely churn out the first new update either today or tomorrow. So if you want to get some feedback in before I do that, best get in your suggestions... :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:08 am

will totally catch up on this :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:45 am

I was tempted to pick the rude option, just because "wow, rude," but I do want to see a reboot of this, so I will withhold my mischievous nature.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dagazzard
Of Few Words

Post by Dagazzard » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:42 am

Haha my map! =D Yes, this is great!