Recruitment: Foray Carnage (5/5 spots filled)

Nerre
Game Master

Recruitment: Foray Carnage (5/5 spots filled)

Post by Nerre » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Good evening everybody!

With two of my games being almost entirely on halt, I am planning to do a simple game I want to draw to get some more practice with my tablet.
You will be part of a group of goblins who want to raid around their warcamp. Not much roleplay, just short posts, simple math, so hopefully a high update frequency.
I intend to use a simple system:

6 HP. Everybody Goblin starts with 6/6
1 Defense. Each DEF reduces damage of all types directly by 1. (You start with 1 cause of your leather clothes)
1 Attack. Each ATK improves damage of all melee types directly by 1. (You need to own a weapon using this damage type)
1 Ranged Attack. Each RATK improves damage of all ranged types directly by 1. (You need to own a weapon using this damage type)
0 Magic Attack. Each MATK improves damage of all magic types directly by 1. (You need to own an item or ability using this damage type)

You get 2 more points to buy stats, which you can initially trade using this list:
1 point for 2 hp
1 point for 1 DEF
1 point for 1 ATK
1 point for 1 RATK
You will later be able to improve those stats with equipment, levelups and specials.

Weapons are labeled with the kind of damage they use and improve. A [dagger +0 ATK] uses your ATK value, but does not improve it. A [sword +1 ATK] also uses your ATK value, but adds 1 ATK. A [bow +1 RATK] uses your RATK value, and adds 1 RATK. You can neither use a bow in melee nor can you use a dagger or sword in ranged combat. To throw a knife, you for would need something like [throwing knife +0 ATK, +1 RATK]. To use MATK, you would either need an ability which uses it, or an item like [wand +1 MATK]. If you get an item with +0 in a damage category you have on 0, you cannot use it. RATK items which do not use ammunition like a spear are single-use only, then you have to retrieve them first.

You will start as a group of 5.

To make the game more fluid, I will allow a few things to make you more individual:
1 of those 5 can decide to get basic medic knowledge in the form of trading 1 of his 2 points for [Ability: heal 1 hp or stop bleeding (1/turn)]. If you pick this option, you automatically get a dagger (+0 ATK).
1 of the remaining 4 can decide to get basic teller abilities in the form of trading 1 of his 2 points for +1 MATK. If you pick this option, you automatically get a dagger (+0 ATK).
3 of the remaining 3 can decide if they either want to use a [sword +1 ATK], a [bow +1 RATK] or a [spear +0 ATK, +1 RATK]. Weapons can be chosen twice.

Don't be afraid to pick a weapon, you can change them at any time out of combat, in combat it depends.

Nobody can pick more than one of those options, and nobody can pick none. I will dice once the players are picked to determine a pick-order. The highest number got dibs first.
Please also pick a name and individual color for your char. If you use the Font color table, please always leave 1 color block between you and any other color already chosen.
In this game, you are not really the good guys, so no need to act that way. Time to grant the beast within you some air. >:D
This also won't be one of the games in which duying will be hard. If you reach -10, you are dead, if you reach 0, you are knocked out.

Have fun and merry christmas,
Nerre
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment: Foray Carnage

Post by Nerre » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:25 pm

I know it was Christmas, but no post for 2 days, really? Does it sound so bad or did just nobody has time currently?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Kills the Pain
6HP
2 Defence (+1 at start)
1 Attack
1 Ranged Attack
Medic Knowledge

If somebody else gets the medic Knowledge, Kills' second point goes into defence as well, and he'll take a sword.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:51 am

It was a time thing for me. I saw it but xmas is crazy busy with my family. How does magic work in your games? Is it via spells you can learn or through magic items like wands? I'd possibly be interested in going the magic route.

Blindingly Ignorant
Teller, +1 def
or if contested
+2 ratk, bow
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:57 am

"(You need to own an item or ability using this damage type)"
is the mechanics, and you get a basic attack spell right from the start. In the beginning it will be weak and do about as much damage as a bow. I did not decide yet which one, maybe magic missiles or a fire attack.
More spells and items can improve your talent later when you find or unlock them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:19 pm

How are daggers not ranged? Throwing daggers exist.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Not all daggers are for throwing, Burns. Most of them are weighted horribly for throwing, and the blades are generally shaped to give better aerodynamics, rather than leave larger holes. I mean, you could throw a regular dagger, but it's not going to do much unless you're right next to the target.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:04 pm

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Re: Recruitment: Foray Carnage (2/5 spots filled)

Post by D34dlock » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Mrs Wildly
6 HP
+2 RATK, bow
Or if taken
+2 ATK Spear

apologies if the pun hurt or was used before.
I'm still reading shifters.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Defiles Corpses

8/8 HP
DEF: 1
ATK: 3
RATK: 1
MATK: 0

[Sword: +1 ATK]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Splinters Bones

6/6 HP
DEF: 2 (+1 at start)
ATK: 3 (+1 at start and +1 for sword)
RATK: 1

ITEMS: Sword

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment: Foray Carnage (5/5 spots filled)

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks a lot for posting and signing up.
So far the chars look good, except for Defiles Corpses color, which is already taken by Kills the pain.
Please pick some other unique color which is at least 2 squares from any other colors in the font color selector in the forum. :)
Bright colors are fine, too, as I will draw your chars as much as possible to explain situations on top of the explaining.

So far we got:
Characters:
.[tabs: Kills the Pain]
Player: Dlover

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Medic [heal 1 hp or stop bleeding (1/turn)]
Inventory:
1 dagger (+0 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Blindingly Ignorant]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:
[tabs: Misses Wildly]
Player: D34dlock

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Defiles Corpses]
Player: Spiderwrangler

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
4 ATK (3+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Splinters Bones]
Player: NotStickFigures

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED[/tabs]

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am

We didn't have a green, so I'll take that. [color= #00FF00][/color]

I think you've given me an extra ATK... I'd already factored the sword into the 3 ATK (1 base, 1 point buy, 1 weapon).

You'd also said above that we had to pick unique weapons, which would mean Splinters gets the spear?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am

Is the math on Defiles Corpses stats right? Seems like it should be either 8 HP & +3 ATK or 6 HP & +4 ATK.

Edit: Ninja'd
I'm still reading shifters.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks, I will correct it.

1 start + 1 pointbuy + 1 weapon + 2hp, that is the correct one.

Nerre
Game Master

Char update

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:41 am

Hi

the weapons of the 3 fighters can be the same if you want, I just wanted only 1 medic and 1 teller. :)

Characters:
.[tabs: Kills the Pain]
Player: Dlover

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Medic [heal 1 hp or stop bleeding (1/turn)]
Inventory:
[tabs: Blindingly Ignorant]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:
[tabs: Misses Wildly]
Player: D34dlock

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Defiles Corpses]
Player: Spiderwrangler

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Splinters Bones]
Player: NotStickFigures

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED[/tabs]

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:43 pm

I think I'll stick with the sword then.

How soon do you think the game will be starting? And what do you think frequency will be, just so I know how often to check.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:15 am

I will try to target a 2-3 per week, but from January the 9th I will be in honeymoon until the 26th. So I am unsure if I should starte before that. On the other hand I got holidays until the 9th, so maybe I can update even ofter until then. :)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:10 am

I just posted the first turn, have fun! :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:18 am

Nerre wrote:I just posted the first turn, have fun! :)

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =1323&view
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:39 am

As ChuckDaRighteous has not been on since October, I would like to get a new player for his char "Blindingly Ignorant".

The game has had two fights already and is maybe close before the third one. The goblins are right now hidden beside a road, on which a group of humans is getting closer.

The player chars all started as fighters or ranged fighters, but Blindingly learned his first spell, as he planned to play the char towards a mage, who loved to ignore ignores threats. He already got bitten by a snake cause of that.

You can see the latest stats of the chars here:
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 979passing their hiding spot.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: Recruitment: Foray Carnage (4/5 spots filled)

Post by Runsaround » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:36 pm

I wouldn't mind. A mage sounds good.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment: Foray Carnage (4/5 spots filled)

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:54 am

Nice. Then please just post a move for him this turn and we are ready to go. :)