3.5 dnd game.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: 3.5 dnd game.

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:08 am

Does Etta's sheet still work as it stands or do I need to do any modifications?

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 am

Should be fine. The setting will be different so just prepare to change your background from the other setting.

EDIT: Level 4 will be the starting point

EDIT: Let me know which fraction you'll be with starting off. Imperial or tribal or other. This will only be for knowing where you start off and won't have any bearing on your alligience

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:08 pm

I feel like doing a shameless plug for my own game considering that not everyone got selected :P
It's a bit lower than the level Jacon wants to use. :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Theis2 wrote:I feel like doing a shameless plug for my own game considering that not everyone got selected :P
It's a bit lower than the level Jacon wants to use. :P
SHAMELESS!!
I forgive you....

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Have fun! :)
:zzz:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Alright....
The question is what character classes to we have at the moment?
Tea: Cleric?
Chuck:??
nickhol: rouge
Quarg: Pending though looking at duskblade or ranger...
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Nickohl is a rogue.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Not entirely sure what I'm gonna go for yet, but my first thought is leaning towards spell thief or scout.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:19 am

So as a group we are light on magic ability hmmm....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:22 pm

I was wondering a bit about what the campaign setting would be. Not necessarily the people/factions but instead the environment. Beaches? Jungles? Forests? Deserts? Caves? Mountains? Hot weather? Cold weather? Since its an island but it was colonized for its mining i figure there is some range in the environment, but some idea of what's more prevalent would be useful. Whether we're on the coast trading or deep in the mines mining can make a difference. After all, I don't want to go with a partially-aquatic frost character and then somehow end up in the middle of a desert.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Terrain is basically heavy jungle to forest with a few mountains thrown in. Theirs beaches cause it is surrounded by the ocean. Gordor is actually two islands split by sea river. But for the most part it's pretty heavy jungle.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:02 pm

I'm currently leaning towards cleric (whatever doom that gets me in future). Second choice is looking like it's a rouge.

Editing:Of course, then right after I post this I start looking at sorcerers, the cleric bit may change if I can convince the guy that it wouldn't drive him mad. Pending looking into it a little more.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:42 am

Well if you need any help building a character let me know

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:04 am

I think I'm going to have to add levels of wizard to my duskblade to improve their debuffing capability...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Okay, currently I have a half-orcish cleric most likely on the chaotic neutral side and a rough backstory worked out. Next is,...find some dice (or, their computer equivalent) and figure out to do with the numbers?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Well typically I use http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm to generate scores and characters...

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards ... opic=420.0 is a guide for making Clerics...

And here is the current background 'story' which will need editing to fit into Godor...
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:57 pm

So, if we're going colonial does this bit
Jacon wrote:imperials have more rights than the common native ( They are allowed to wear metal armor and use metal weapons unlike many tribals who need permits to do so.)
still apply? I'm looking like I have a very definitely not imperial and very unlikely to get a permit (at least, not by the normal legal route) type character who is looking at possible weapons/armor.

Oh, and just to run by Character Thus Far in case there's anything that isn't going to work for it
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:38 pm

At this age you'd proberly just be able to buy whatever metal armor/weapons you want,

That idea works. I think were going to start off with people from the empire/other fractions getting off a boat unto a imperial borderland base on the coast of Gordor, Tribals players will also be at this base,

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Okay, done with everything but physical description, equipment and weaponry (are there any rules for how much or what we can start out with?), and spells.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:23 pm

For armor i'd say don't go higher than breastplate, any weapon you want and go ahead and make it masterwork. You can buy 150 gold pieces worth of equipment and lemma know if you have an idea for a daily. I might also give you a small magic item to go along with what you buy.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Could you explain dailies to me? Being something you took from 4 and I being exclusively 3.5, I have no idea what exactly you expect from that. Just make up a power or is there more to it?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Basically you come up with a concept and the stats you think you should have for that concept. ( Example: My characters draws upon his draconic ancestry to breath flames. As a minor action I can breath fire that does 2d4 points of damage, dc damage halves and the dc is based upon my dex.)

Than you and I haggle over the power until it fits within your level.

I think Quargs power is basically Gaseous form ( spell) for one round. So you could just use a spell for your daily as well.
If you having trouble coming up with a concept I can give you a pretty generic daily based on your role in the party until you come up with a concept that you'd like to have.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:01 am

Ok I've worked out the basics for my character. He's an Imperial chaotic neutral Raptorian Spellthief. I still need to work out skill lvls and equipment and I might change one of my known spells but its otherwise finished.

I haven't seen much from other players how is everyone else doing on their characters?

Do you have an idea on when you want to start the game?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm

When everyone has their sheets ready I will start the game.
Nikhol and Quarg are already set.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm almost done over here (I think I just gotta grab some equipment and, I swear there was maybe another thing or two). I remember having some good ideas for what I wanted for the daily earlier, but now, I can't remember what they were.