Spider Robinson (punny sci-fi)

Moderators: Community Moderators, Chat Moderators

lingrem
Former Mod

Spider Robinson (punny sci-fi)

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 am

Has anyone ever read any of Spider Robinson's novels?

If I could bring anywhere from fiction to life, it would be Callahan's. I would love to spend time at that pub. (and in a way, our forum sort of reminds me of it).

They're so funny, but they have such great themes in them.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: Spider Robinson (punny sci-fi)

Post by Wolfie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 am

Get. Out. Of. My. Head!

LOL

I was just thinking about adding his novels to our list last night. I adore Callahan's! And I can thank my Dad for introducing me to that lovable cast of characters, like the Lucky Duck, Mickey Finn, Mary, Mike, the Leprechaun (can't remember his name off the top of my head), Sally, Doc, and the others.

Come to think of it, our forum does remind me of Callahan's. People find us when they need us and leave when they don't. And we have a camaraderie and trust here that is rare.

Kinda wish we had the fireplace though that we could throw glasses into.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

TinSoldier
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TinSoldier6

Post by TinSoldier » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:09 pm

I read Callahan's a long time ago. I remember enjoying them.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:16 pm

We also have a verrrry odd cast of characters here, and we're super friendly and whatnot to each other.

And I don't WANNA get out of your head. And you can't make me.

I wish his novels were easier to find though!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:01 am

What can you say about an author who can write a book entitled "Lady Slings the Booze" with a straight face?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)