Goblins Minesweepers - On Stranger Lands (Turn 18-Finished)

For all games that are now over.
LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Goblins Minesweepers - On Stranger Lands (Turn 18-Finished)

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 pm

It... it has been quite the disaster.

The land has vanished, the sky has fallen, everything - EVERYTHING - that has been known and loved has become just a mere remnant of hazy thoughts.

Still, the goblins have survived. They have found a new home world, which contains many dangers, but also a great many hidden skills and abilities that help the goblins overcome the aforesaid dangers. Oh, and there's mines too. A lot of them. An annoyingly lot of them, actually. So it is again up to our brave heroes to clean the lands from the mines, monsters and treasures that have been carelessly left lying all around the place.

Such a tedious task.

So...

... who is up for it?

Round 0 starts here.

Game Rules - Introduction
► Show Spoiler
Rules moved away here.

Application

Your first task to apply to this game is to get here in the wall of text. Congratulations, you have just completed it! I don't care if you skipped everything above, there wasn't anything important there, really. So, how do you apply?

- Post your goblin's name. (And the gender, if you like, because I'm known to mix those up.)
- Post the color. This will be the color it will have on the map, and the color in the forum texts. If the color is not really readable in text, I will only refer to it. I'm using the fancy forum design, so colors I deem unreadable might differ in the old silver design, I'm sorry.
- Post a short background story of your character. (This is not a must, only for fancies.)

(- If you are a veteran, feel free to start a new character or recall your old one, in which case it will keep its custom color and flag. It will lose all the levels, skills and equipment it has gathered, though!)

Info on Round 0
- It will be a training map with square tiles, 12x10 tiles in total. It will contain 40 mines. No monsters or traps, this is to warm up. The layout of the mines will be maze-like - this means the players are able to reach every safe tile with basic movement abilities.
- Winning condition is to explore all safe tiles. Flags exploding in this training map will not be lost.
- The size of the Active Player List and the Waiting List will depend on the amount of applicants.
Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 am, edited 21 times in total.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - On Stranger Lands

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Finds Mines is back with her demonicy form

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Bada Boom has returned!

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Bouncing Burt appears!

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi my name is See Four,
I am Orange...unless there is a returning character that color..then brown

I'm very handy with explosives, they make beautiful colors. I'm not so good at disarming them though....but that's what the Xanax is for :shifty:
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 pm

So if I kept the same goblin, he'd only have 8 flags? If so, probably better to start afresh, especially if I don't keep the monkey, which I'm guessing I don't.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:24 pm

If we're starting over, and if Finds explicitly doesn't mind, and the GM doesn't think it's too confusing, I'd like to change my goblin's name to Flags Mines. (It compliments my CTF goblin's name, Mines Flags. I'm hoping that will come back, too.) Otherwise, I'll just stick with WearsHats. Either way, I'd like to keep my old logo.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't care :p we both Mines stick together, brother and sister, right? That's how goblin names work right? No??? oh...

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm

In. Dies-To-A-Mine reporting. Female, #3366cc
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm unable to pick a color for my goblin right now, or perhaps for a while. As I've said elsewhere, my computer is in strong need of repair, and the console I'm using doesn't show colors when I try to select them. Might as well select a name from the forum before we lost the minesweeper data, Goska Bluey, a particularly fiery red-headed lass.

Goska Bluey was a red-headed pirate lass who sailed the seas with her fellow crew men and women aboard the Salty Lizard. This was before they became shipwrecked, and a heavy fate befell them, a nasty prank of the gods. When that weight had finally lifted, Goska found herself not where she remembered at all, but in a group of goblins training to disable mines. With a bit of hard work, lots of determination, and the constant philosophy that X truly does mark the spot, she learned enough to set out on this current mine-marking venture.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 am

Oo... I love Minesweeper!

Can I be : No-Legs , female,#990066?

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 am

Davecom3 wrote:So if I kept the same goblin, he'd only have 8 flags? If so, probably better to start afresh, especially if I don't keep the monkey, which I'm guessing I don't.
You can only keep the color and flag, equipment is reset to default (10 simple flags). And no monkey, sorry.* Feel free to start anew if it doesn't fit your preferences, though.

*I'm resetting the design to a top-down view, because perspective is unforgiving in figuring out where is what, especially on non-standard shaped maps. This will require to redesign monsters/pets too, which won't happen until they get to play...
WearsHats wrote:If we're starting over, and if Finds explicitly doesn't mind, and the GM doesn't think it's too confusing, I'd like to change my goblin's name to Flags Mines. (It compliments my CTF goblin's name, Mines Flags. I'm hoping that will come back, too.) Otherwise, I'll just stick with WearsHats. Either way, I'd like to keep my old logo.
It can be done, no trouble.

I keep the applications open until Friday, then the first round launches next week.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 am

Oh see that shiny is still in play
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 am

I haven't read all yet (will do so, as soon as my head aches less) but I'm pretty sure I'd like to play again. Stumbles around returns!
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 am

Peg-leg Sue returns!

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm counting 11 players so far, will see how many people apply today (Friday).

If nothing changes, 9 random people gets to start and 2 waits. If more people joins, I'll adjust the numbers accordingly.

Hey, I might even add more maps... Or shall we take it easy on first round? :D

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 am

I probably won't be around over the weekend, so I volunteer to wait first. Unless you're not starting till Sunday/Monday, in which case, kindly disregard this post... ;)

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:05 pm

And so it begins Round 0...

Turn 0 >>Next Turn

Quick Map Rules Reminder:
- Contains 40 mines. The layout of the mines is maze-like - this means the players are able to reach every safe tile with basic movement abilities.
- No monsters or traps, this is to warm up.
- Winning condition is to explore all safe tiles. Flags exploding in this training map will not be lost.
- The size of the Active Player List is 10, Waiting List is 3

MAP:

Players on the Map
noone

Players Who Can Spawn
Peg-leg Sue
Bada Boom
Stumbles around
Finds Mines
See Four
Dies-to-a-Mine
Bouncing Burt
Flags Mines
Goska Bluey
Oh See That Shiny

Players Waiting
No-Legs
Step-and-Boom (yellow)
Tries-and-Dies

- I made Goska a Red-headed girl with the basic white-ish skin, but feel free to object it it's not ok. You'll see her after spawning.
Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:11 pm

F6! Now lets see how finds looks!

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Is it too late to join. If not then my goblin name is Step-and-Boom he is male.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

This is the most awesome forum game I ever saw. I'm so going to propagate it in russian-speaking communities. And it seems that my abysmal roleplaying skill is no obstacle either. I hope I'm not late.
So: Cuts-and-Tries Tries-and-Dies, male. As for color, first suitable from: #008000 #A0A0A0 #00FFFF #0000FF #00FF00 or any other if no one suits.
Last edited by gamecreator on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Oops, I did forget a color, apologies. I'll go with #BF0080

Bouncing Burt will spawn at B1

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm

gamecreator wrote:This is the most awesome forum game I ever saw. I'm so going to propagate it in russian-speaking communities. And it seems that my abysmal roleplaying skill is no obstacle either. I hope I'm not late.
So: Cuts-and-Tries, male. As for color, first suitable from: #008000 #A0A0A0 #00FFFF #0000FF #00FF00 or any other if no one suits.
...Trust me on this you do not want This colour and the word "Cut" as your character's name. I may get ...tendencies that carry over from another game. And then you all will hate me for it. By that I mean that I may interpret my character Cut and Paste here with that colour or something similar and....well...write for him. You probably don't want that. :lol: Hell maybe even the grey colour two...because cut uses that sometimes...

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Well, if you insist... Here, no cuts. And with rhyme too.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:58 pm

gamecreator wrote:Well, if you insist... Here, no cuts. And with rhyme too.
Hey you could. Just warning you that it might not be a good thing, as i summon walls of text for this character often. And it has odd triggers in my mind...like me accidently naming a herracross "cutt" and immediatly go into that mode shortly after seeing it's name. :lol: