GAL: Q4 - Completed (please move eventually)

For all games that are now over.
Quarg

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 6

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 am

William will travel into the room with the snoring dragon and investigate the gold item laying next to the skeleton on the floor.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:17 am

Tells head to the area with the rope and climb up the rope to the next floor.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:09 pm

► Show Spoiler
Walks examines the door (stargate? the big round thingy) and the four buttons & slots around it. If she still can afterwards, she'll climb the ladder to the next room.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

DiesasaYoungling
Whispers Softly

Post by DiesasaYoungling » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Dies enters cave 5. (I think I can do that. I'm a bit sketchy on the room connections right now)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 7

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:01 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
After taking a quick glance around the room, Laughs backs slowly away from the dragon back into the previous room.
Dies hurries after his comrades and something happens to him. The blood worm, having found a sufficiently complacent Host, burrows deep into Dies shoulder until it finds a warm spot to begin to grow and spread out its tendrils into his body. Dies gains a new ability:Using a Major Action he can drink fresh blood which will heal him for 0, 1 or 2 Hp. Doing this will Sate the blood worms voracious appetite for 3 turns. The negative side of this is that unless it is sated, it will constantly drink from its host instead, bringing it down .1 Hp per turn. If at any point the Host reaches 0 Hp, the Host will die and the blood worm will rip out of his chest. Dies loses another .1 Hp, bringing him down to 4.7/5 Hp.
Tells heads up to "cave 5" and climbs the rope up to the next level.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
With a quick glance, one can tell that the three shelves contain a crown, a ring and a wand.
► Show Spoiler
William enters the cave with the dragon with the intent of examining the yellow sphere. Upon a closer look he can tell that the yellow sphere is glowing softly. The floor around the skeleton which is holding the sphere appears to be scorched, as if by fire.
► Show Spoiler
Walks examines the portal thing: There are four spherical depressions in the wall within the glowing circles each of which lead to the portal, perhaps it somehow powers the portal. She then climbs the ladder to the right.
► Show Spoiler
Soars & Walks climb up the ladder to a new area only to find themselves facing down two small brownish mice-men.

Mouse 1: Oh shit, what do i do Mike?
Mouse 2: Tell them to stop and ask them who they are.
Mouse 1: HALT! Who goes there?
Mouse 2: Good job Larry, you're really getting the hang of this guard duty stuff. Now ask them what they want.
Mouse 1: What do you two want?

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Dies(Dies)]
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 4.7/5

Parasite:
Pro: Using a major action Host can drink blood and be healed 0, 1 or 2 Hp and parasite will be sated for 3 turns.
Con: Each turn that goes by in which parasite is not sated, Host will lose .1 Hp.

ITEMS:

xxx
[tabs:Walks(Gathers)]
ATT: 2
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
Vial of Worm blood - Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that dies has.
Skull

[tabs: Tells(NolandKing)]

ITEMS:

x
[tabs: Soars(SaruSama)]

ITEMS:
Pirate Captain's Hat - (upon activation word) Temporarily reduces one enemies DEF by 2 . Cooldown is 10 Turns.

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]

ITEMS:
Fake Beard
Pewter Cup
Pewter Plate
Tapestry Rod +1 Atk - (25% chance to miss)
PlayWitch vol. 2

[tabs:William(Quarg)]
DEF: 3

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)[/tabs]

Key:
Dark gray = Impassable Rock
Light Gray = Floor
Medium Gray = Passage from one cavern to another
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:38 am

Deciding that sticking together is no fun, Laughs will head down to the trapdoor room, this time moving left into an unexplored area.

(If I read your key correctly, there should be a room there, yes?)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 am

"Well, hello there, Mike and Larry. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Walks With The Wind, or Walks for short. I'm exploring this cave. We're trying to find a wizard that used to turn people into furniture.
What are you doing, if it's not too bold to ask?
And is there any condition under which we may go on through that passage you seem to be guarding?
Also, would you happen to know anything about the big round doorway back in that direction? " Walks
halts as commanded and interacts with the mice, at her last sentence pointing back down into the cave she just came from.

If they attack for whatever reason, fight back with the pointy stick.

If the mice are unwilling to let goblins pass (and/or conditions are NOT met atm), climb back down. If the mice don't mind the goblins going past, move onwards (passage in the back wall).
► Show Spoiler

DiesasaYoungling
Whispers Softly

Post by DiesasaYoungling » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 pm

Dies try's to catch up to Walks.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:44 pm

Soars will stand by with Walks, if the mice attack he'll attack otherwise he'll just try and look intimidating.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:10 am

William will attempt to use his point stick to roll the gold orb from the room...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:31 am

Tells will head up to the room with the mice people are.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 8

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:43 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Believing himself to be safe without any sort of backup, Laughs goes back down the passage to the trapdoor cave and explores to the left, he has to crawl through the small tunnel, but it opens up on the other side into a small cave. Some light filters through a small hole that must lead to the outside.
► Show Spoiler
With his eyes on the prize, William attempts to use his pokey stick to poke the yellow sphere toward himself, which was working until the ball hit one of the skeleton bones. The dragons nostrils flared a little and its eyes flew open as it prepared to release a gout of flame, but it spots William and stops by swallowing its flame, and then hiccuping a small ash cloud. "Hello little goblin, I thought that you were another rat trying to steal from me, you...wouldn't be trying to steal from me would you little goblin?"The dragons voice, though not extremely loud is very deep and reverberates throughout the cavern.
► Show Spoiler
Soars puffs out his chest in an attempt to look intimidating.
"Well, hello there, Mike and Larry. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Walks With The Wind, or Walks for short. I'm exploring this cave. We're trying to find a wizard that used to turn people into furniture.
What are you doing, if it's not too bold to ask?
And is there any condition under which we may go on through that passage you seem to be guarding?
Also, would you happen to know anything about the big round doorway back in that direction? "

When Walks asks about the portal thing, she points in the direction they came from.

Larry: Yeah we're just guarding this here tunnel which leads to....
Mike smacks Larry in the face.
Mike: Larry zip it, let me handle this.
Larry nods.
Mike: We don't know anything about the round doorway thing, it's been here for all my life. I don't know anything about a wizard.
Mike scratches his head a bit in thought.
Mike: There may be a way to let you in though. All you've got to do is kill that dragon and we'll reward you and let you through.

(The conversation seems to be going smoothly and the mice relax a bit, until Dies & Tells runs into the scene. At first, the numbers were tied 2 to 2, but now, 4 vs 2 was dangerous for them.)
Dies climbs up the ladder and moves into the already crowded space, eager to help. He also loses another .1 Hp, bringing him down to 4.6/5 Hp.
Tells also climbs up the ladder to join the scene.
Mike: Hey! what is this, some kind of setup, Larry run upstairs and get backup I'll hold 'em off.
Larry starts to turn to run.

Stats & Loot
HP: 4.6/5

Parasite:
Pro: Using a major action Host can drink blood and be healed 0, 1 or 2 Hp and parasite will be sated for 3 turns.
Con: Each turn that goes by in which parasite is not sated, Host will lose .1 Hp.

ITEMS:

xxx

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Vial of Worm blood - Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that dies has.
Skull

ITEMS:

x

ITEMS:
Pirate Captain's Hat - (upon activation word) Temporarily reduces one enemies DEF by 2 . Cooldown is 10 Turns.

ITEMS:
Fake Beard
Pewter Cup
Pewter Plate
PlayWitch vol. 2

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

Key:
Light Gray = Floor
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:01 am

Soars Yells at Larry "Avast Ye Bilgerat YARRRRRRR" (actiivating my pirate hat at him.) While yelling Soars attempts to steal Larrys weapon.
Last edited by SaruSama on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:04 am

Also would it be possible to update/repost the map when we find a new room? Just to help me keep straight where everything/everyone is.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:20 am

SaruSama wrote:Also would it be possible to update/repost the map when we find a new room? Just to help me keep straight where everything/everyone is.
Done, see turn post above.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 am

William bows. "My apologies for waking you sir, I was not attempting to steal from you. Only merely to identify this object and the body with it. I am looking for someone supposedly hiding around here, and I though the orb went with the body...ergo it would tell me if my mission were complete if this was he."
William shrugs, "If it is merely an orb he stole from you...than it is no help to me."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:48 am

In every adventure story he can recall, Laughs knows that just as soon as the hero thinks he's snuck past the vicious bats, they wake up and attack. He's pretty sure no one has EVER managed to pass through a cave with bats in it without being attacked. Once again, deciding that a strategic retreat is better than being batted to death all alone, he books it as far and as fast as he can to where the rest of his party is picking fights with mice. He makes a mental note to return to the bat room with backup and look the skeletal remains.

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

"Wait there no need to be hostile guys. You know what I'll tell you guys a joke to calm you guys down. What sound does a rat make when it tap dance? A rat tat tat" said Tell as he does some jazz hand to see the mice respond.
Last edited by Nolandking on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:42 pm

"Whoa, whoa, no need to get all wound up or even aggressive." Walks raises her hands in a soothing gesture and tries to calm both sides and also tries to stop Soars from stealing/attacking. "I have nothing against you, if you don't attack me, I'm not going to attack you. Just because there are more of our group dropping by here now, that's no reason to stop acting like the civilized beings both our people are. Right?"

If Mike (and Larry) calms down (and no goblins attack/steal from them, after all), Walks will politely inquire: "So, about that dragon: Why do you want him dead in the first place? And why would you think we'd stand a better chance against him than you do?"
If there is fighting, Walks will poke (=attack) any hostiles (preferably one she can kill or at least hurt) with the pointy stick.
If there is no fighting, climb back down into the last room after listening to the mice's answer (if any).
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 9

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:09 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Laughs suddenly decides that perhaps going off alone isn't the best idea after all and heads back towards the group fighting the mice.
► Show Spoiler
William bows. "My apologies for waking you sir, I was not attempting to steal from you. Only merely to identify this object and the body with it. I am looking for someone supposedly hiding around here, and I though the orb went with the body...ergo it would tell me if my mission were complete if this was he."
William shrugs, "If it is merely an orb he stole from you...than it is no help to me."
You speak with respect little goblin so I will tell you what I know of this orb. This one here" he motions at the burnt mark on the floor "was a pesky human who tried to steal it from me, he said it was the key to opening a portal within this mountain. You look strong little goblin, perhaps you can help me with....a little problem I am having.
► Show Spoiler
Tells tries to cool down everyone by telling a joke which is only slightly funny, it was working though, until Soars yells at Larry "Avast Ye Bilgerat YARRRRRRR" and jumps at him. He successfully grapples him to the floor and punches Larry for 1 damage easily getting through his weakened defenses.
Walks looks frustrated by the escalation of violence and stabs her pokey stick at Larry who takes 2 Damage due to his decreased defenses.

Larry gurgles a little bit, cries for his mother and then dies.
Mike: "Larry...Nooooo, I'll Kill you all" he turns on Soars and stabs him doing 1 damage taking him down to 4/5 Hp.

Oblivious of everything Dies Spaces out and loses .1 Hp knocking him down to 4.5/5Hp.

Stats & Loot
HP: 4.5/5

Parasite:

ITEMS:

xxxx

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Skull

ITEMS:

x
HP: 4/5

ITEMS:

ITEMS:
Fake Beard
Pewter Cup
Pewter Plate
PlayWitch vol. 2

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

Key:
Light Gray = Floor
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:12 am

Laughs scurries up the rope and joins in on the completely avoidable fray.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:34 am

Soars grabs the spear and uses it to poke Mike.

Also sorry I didn't see the posts by everybody else trying to avoid the fight or I would of changed my action. :shrug: :stab:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:39 am

► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 am

"Damit Soars they were laughting at my jokes" said Tells as he advance to punch Mick.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:43 am

Walks sighs and fights Mike, if he's still alive. Or any other hostile (e.g. more mice that were alarmed from the battle noise). Otherwise (if all the hostiles in this room are dead by the time it's Walks' turn) she'll search the bodies for anything useful beside the spears.
► Show Spoiler